Sunday, May 15, 2011

Marine killed by SWAT was acting in defense, says family

A smashed window and a barrage of bullet holes might be the type of scene a battle-hardened marine finds in a war zone; not the Tucson home he shares with his two children and wife, "I saw this guy pointing me at the window. So, I got scared. And, I got like, ‘Please don't shoot, I have a baby. I put my baby (down). (And I) put bag in window. And, I yell ‘Jose! Jose! Wake up!" explained wife Vanessa Guerena.

Husband Jose had just come home from working at the mine. His wife Vanessa said he had just slept two hours, only to wake up to chaos in his house. It was Pima County SWAT executing a narcotics conspiracy search warrant.

"You're saying only (they) yelled SWAT after the shootout?" KGUN9asked. "Oh, yes! Yes," said Guerena.

Vanessa said Jose grabbed a gun to protect himself from what he thought were home invaders. But, authorities say the marine knew who it was; and they said he had swat in his sights. According to officials, Jose crouched with his AR-15 and said, "I have something for you!"

"Now they're saying this now that they admitted for him not shooting back (SIC). They want to throw more dirt on him," said cousin Oscar Garcia.

SWAT gunned Jose down with 71-rounds fired in just about 7-seconds; officials say they did not expect Vanessa to be home with four year old son Joel, who has questions like so many others, "The only thing he asked me, "Mom, my dad a bad guy? They killed my dad! Police killed my dad? Why? What did my dad do?" explained Guerena.

Jose's family want his kids to know he did his best to be a great husband, dad and patriot.

Authorities tell us three other neighborhood homes were targeted Thursday, all tied to a narcotics conspiracy. They say a large amount of cash was found at one of the homes. But, not at Jose's; all they said they found there was "evidence pertinent to the case".

Jose's wife insists there were no drugs or money in the home.

Original report here




(And don't forget your ration of Wicked Thoughts for today. Now hosted on Wordpress. If you cannot access it, go to the MIRROR SITE, where posts appear as well as on the primary site. I have reposted the archives (past posts) for Wicked Thoughts HERE or HERE or here

No comments: